This compilation excludes most sports reports and routine reports about public and educational officials frequently in the news. (Refresh)

Monday, July 25, 2011

Summary (25 Jul 2011)

Republic school board to receive recommendation on selection of books
Springfield News-Leader
More than a year after Republic resident Wesley Scroggins filed a complaint - and raised questions about the appropriateness of three books - the school board will receive a recommendation about which ones should stay and which should go. ...
<http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110725/NEWS04/110725042/Republic-school-board-receive-recommendation-selection-books?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

MSU says professor entitled to his views
Springfield News-Leader
The film will feature Wes Scroggins, associate professor of management at Missouri State and a recent newsmaker for his criticism of book choices at Republic schools. Bond said Scroggins, who is on the payroll of a public university supported with tax ...
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20101001/NEWS01/10010346/MSU-says-professor-entitled-his-views

Eileen Scroggins (L) & Lisa Winters
(Katie Sokoler/Gothamist)
Photos: Dan Choi Cheers NYC Same-Sex Couples Getting Married
Gothamist
Dan Choi, the former National Guard officer who was discharged after coming out, was on hand and ended up serving as a witness for the wedding of Lisa Winters and Eileen Scroggins, a couple who has been together for 13 years. Choi even got Judge Doris ...
http://gothamist.com/2011/07/25/photos_dan_choi_cheers_nyc_same-sex.php

Bosse Funeral Home, Inc.: Obituaries
Milton Thompson Scroggin (May 7, 1927 - July 21, 2011) ... SCROGGIN, MILTON THOMPSON, 84 of Louisville died Thursday, July 21, 2011 at Parkway Medical ...
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/obitlink/redirect.cfm?fh_id=m761&o_id=m1217650&type=OB

1 comment:

esthernCarey said...

Hi Eileen, This is Esther Carey and I have been trying to find Rita and Carl Jr. for years. I just bought my first Computer and couldn't find Rita or Carl. Tomorrow will be Carl's 42nd birthday. Pls email me back as I'm anxious to hear from you. I also hope you are doing well. My email address is estherncarey@gmail.com. I don't get on facebook or twitter. I'm sure you do remember me as Rita and I went to Our Saviour's and Cathedral. Hope you'll get back to me. Esther